Bus 5 Is #1!!!
Today was a dreary, rainy day but I'll tell you what, the bus was like a sauna. I hope what they say about losing weight in a sauna is true!!
We had 37 on the bus today with 7 first time riders!
I guess the most exciting part about the day was that Kyle, who has been riding the bus since he was in the 3rd grade, and is now soon to be 16, was able to lead me to a family of his friends and they rode today and promised that they were going to start regularly.
I have been worrying about Kyle for a while. He started coming all those years ago with his cousin. As the kids have gotten older, most of the ones that rode when he was little have quit coming but he has continued. He expressed to me that he hated coming anymore if his cousin wasn't coming. He didn't think he knew any of the kids at church. I am surprised when kids say that.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that the "church family" kids and the "bus" kids do not seem to blend together. In many ways I see why that is. On the other hand it upsets me because I feel that these "bus" kids are just as much a part of this church as the "church family" kids are. I don't want to see them treated differently although, if you would ask me if I was interested in going out and bringing them in on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights, I would not be quick to respond. So, am I hypocritical.
Anyway, back to the point. I explained to Kyle that he did not need to be getting out of church after having been so faithful all these years. If he didn't have friends at church then maybe he should get out and bring his friends to church with him. To make a long story short, he told me of a family to visit Saturday. As a result, two girls and a boy got on the bus this morning. They were excited about the church services and expect to keep coming.
One thing that came out was how surprised they were that Kyle was a regular church goer. I used that to show him how he needed to make some choices and put God first. He knows it. He wants to live for the Lord but just doesn't know how. Perhaps, this will be the thing that helps him to take his testimony seriously. I hope to get more kids from that area as a result.
The church services were wonderful today. Bro. Himes preached a message about what it meant to be regenerated. Isn't that wonderful how God leads the pastor to answer daily questions. He made it very plain that if you have been regenerated or "saved" you are not the same but are new. He pointed out that if nothing is new, you were NOT regenerated.
Bro. David Chamberlain was in the services today. He had a seminar for the accompanist of our church. Mike went and thoroughly enjoyed it. He is playing in all services today and singing. His music ministered to my heart today.
We had two little girls saved, one of the veterans got baptized and a young man and his wife joined. Praise the Lord again! I don't know what I would do if I was in a dead church!
We had 37 on the bus today with 7 first time riders!
I guess the most exciting part about the day was that Kyle, who has been riding the bus since he was in the 3rd grade, and is now soon to be 16, was able to lead me to a family of his friends and they rode today and promised that they were going to start regularly.
I have been worrying about Kyle for a while. He started coming all those years ago with his cousin. As the kids have gotten older, most of the ones that rode when he was little have quit coming but he has continued. He expressed to me that he hated coming anymore if his cousin wasn't coming. He didn't think he knew any of the kids at church. I am surprised when kids say that.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that the "church family" kids and the "bus" kids do not seem to blend together. In many ways I see why that is. On the other hand it upsets me because I feel that these "bus" kids are just as much a part of this church as the "church family" kids are. I don't want to see them treated differently although, if you would ask me if I was interested in going out and bringing them in on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights, I would not be quick to respond. So, am I hypocritical.
Anyway, back to the point. I explained to Kyle that he did not need to be getting out of church after having been so faithful all these years. If he didn't have friends at church then maybe he should get out and bring his friends to church with him. To make a long story short, he told me of a family to visit Saturday. As a result, two girls and a boy got on the bus this morning. They were excited about the church services and expect to keep coming.
One thing that came out was how surprised they were that Kyle was a regular church goer. I used that to show him how he needed to make some choices and put God first. He knows it. He wants to live for the Lord but just doesn't know how. Perhaps, this will be the thing that helps him to take his testimony seriously. I hope to get more kids from that area as a result.
The church services were wonderful today. Bro. Himes preached a message about what it meant to be regenerated. Isn't that wonderful how God leads the pastor to answer daily questions. He made it very plain that if you have been regenerated or "saved" you are not the same but are new. He pointed out that if nothing is new, you were NOT regenerated.
Bro. David Chamberlain was in the services today. He had a seminar for the accompanist of our church. Mike went and thoroughly enjoyed it. He is playing in all services today and singing. His music ministered to my heart today.
We had two little girls saved, one of the veterans got baptized and a young man and his wife joined. Praise the Lord again! I don't know what I would do if I was in a dead church!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home