My Photo
Name:
Location: Festus, Missouri, United States

Enjoying being "Grammy" and "Nanny". Look forward to weekly visits with my bus kids and the ride to and from church on Sunday morning. Aware that many little eyes may be watching me. I want to be a faithful example to them.

Friday, March 17, 2006

People Pleasing

I have always been a "people-pleaser"! Part of it, I'm sure, has to do with the spiritual gift of "helps". BUT, you can become out of balance on that.

There comes a time in life when you must realize that unless you are pleasing the right person, you take a chance of becoming very irritable.

When I think back about the many things that I have done to go beyond what is common to help others, I wonder how much of that will truly come through being "tried by fire"! I always thought that I had the right motives BUT now that I am faced with many more years of trying to please someone who can rarely be pleased, I find that my irritation brings to light that I must have a wrong motive.

I have a choice! I can decide to quit trying to do right because this person deserves it!!! OR, I can do all to the glory of God and not only help this person in spite of themselves but please God!!!!

There are SO MANY opportunities for that these days!!!!

I John 3:20-24

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spiriti which he hath given us.

1 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

hey, an open invitation remains for all of you to come live here too!!

Wed Mar 22, 08:16:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home