My Photo
Name:
Location: Festus, Missouri, United States

Enjoying being "Grammy" and "Nanny". Look forward to weekly visits with my bus kids and the ride to and from church on Sunday morning. Aware that many little eyes may be watching me. I want to be a faithful example to them.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sunshiny Sunday

Well, it gets harder and harder to do my updates! Our trip to Florida is fast approaching and is imperative that I keep Mike booked solidly before we have to leave. So, my time has been consumed on the phone and doing bookwork so that will not all be backed up when I get home.

Sunday was beautiful with a big load on the bus of 47. We had 3 first time visitors and most importantly a little 9 year old girl was saved. When she got on the bus to go home, we were a little discombobulated(I wonder if that is a word). Things are a little hectic when we are trying to make sure that we have as many on the bus to go home as we had coming in. But pretty soon, in the midst of trying to get a correct count, I heard Ashtin say..."Mrs. Cozart, I got saved today!!!!!" I assured her that I had seen her brought into "big church" to be announced. I gave her a hug and asked her if she understood what happened. "Yes!" she said. "I am going to heaven now!" I set down with her and explained that today was the day that she was "born again", today was her spiritual birthday. I explained that she had given her life to Jesus and that she would want to be obedient to Him and put aside the things she wanted to do if they were not what God wanted from her. Her eyes were wide and attentive. I explained that she needed to come to church and listen in class, read her bible and remember that when she prayed, God hears and He will NEVER leave her. I explained baptism and she was excited to try to get her family to come see her get baptized. I also told her that she needed to remember to tell other people because there were friends of hers that didn't know how to go to heaven. She excitedly said...."I'm going to tell my dad!!!!" Praise the Lord that He is still working His plan and we can see Him at work.

Another little guy, 8 years old, rode for the first time today. He was one of the New Orleans transplants and has some behavior problems. His mother assured me that he could ride the bus now because he has gotten his medicine. I was a little anxious but we had no trouble.

We always give a Snickers candy bar to each first timer and the person or persons who brought them. I handed little Mikael that candy bar and he had a big smile!!! I was busy passing out the other candy bars when I happened to catch a glimpse of him on the back seat. He was eating that candy bar like he hadn't had anything to eat in a year. Caramel was dripping off his lips and he had a sneaky look on his face. I thought, "Oh, bless his heart, he thinks he's not supposed to eat this on the bus." So, I assured him that it was ok for him to eat it.

I went back to the front of the bus to get started with our singing. We do love singing! From the back of the bus I heard a dreaded sound, "MIKAEL!!!" It snapped me back to reality! I had given him that CHOCOLATE candy and he wasn't supposed to have it!!!! Usually, when they take those medicines to help them control themselves, they also avoid caffeine and chocolate. I went straight to the back of the bus and took his little face in my hands. I said "Now Mikael, you weren't supposed to have that chocolate, were you?" He shook his head. I said, "Well, I want you to know that it is NOT chocolate that makes you be bad. You are bad when you do what the old devil wants you to do. The chocolate and the old devil together are not bigger than God. This bus belongs to Jesus and He doesn't want us to act bad on here so we will just pray that Jesus will help you keep from being bad. OK?" He shook that little angelic head in the affirmative and that was the last time I heard anyone scream his name. Of course, he was off the bus within 15 minutes of getting on so I am sure that was a help. I just hope his mother didn't have problems with him in the afternoon. I can't wait to see what the future holds for our dealings with that little one. Maybe, like the little boy whose father begged Jesus to heal his little boy who threw himself into the fire, this little one will understand and be healed!

Mt 17:14 (KJV) And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.


Yes, the Healer is here!

The other visitor was a 14 year old girl that visited with a friend. My husband even remarked that she was certainly listening intently during the sermon. I had already observed on the bus that when we started singing, all of her friends (three girls her age) were singing with much gusto, and she acted as if it shocked her. Soon that shock turned to curiosity and she began to try to sing also. Of course, we do a lot of chants on the bus so it is easy for everyone to participate, even if they don't know all the songs. I just couldn't help praying that God would bring this one to Himself also. She assured me that she would like us to pick her up at her house, though she would not be home this coming Sunday.

Fourteen is such a turbulent year. Of her friends, the majority of them have family problems and they need so much to trust the Lord. Satan is launching an all out attack to get them to be fearful especially in physical situations. Hormones play a big roll in this, I am sure but we have several girls who have experienced "anxiety attacks"; which brings me to the next funny story.

Kelcee is a second grader. She has lots of siblings from many different family combinations. She is her mother's baby and a bit whiny. She came to the front of the bus early on the morning ride to ask me if she could go to the 4th grade class with one of her step sisters. When I acted unsure she said, "Do you know I have "anxiety attacks"? OH MY!!!! I put my arm around that little one and had quite a discussion about how she has no reason to be afraid on the bus or at Sunday School. I reminded her that she can always pray and Jesus can help her when she is afraid. BTW, she did go to her regular class. Later, her big sister said, "Mrs. Cozart, Kelcee could really have a heart attack, you know." I assured her that Jesus was in control of that and she shouldn't be putting that thought in her sisters mind. She said "My mom said that!" What do we do!!! I just pray that some way we can make a difference and give hope that will be passed on to the parents.

That about wraps up the fun we had Sunday. I look forward to next weekend and then to our trip on Tuesday to Florida!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home