My Photo
Name:
Location: Festus, Missouri, United States

Enjoying being "Grammy" and "Nanny". Look forward to weekly visits with my bus kids and the ride to and from church on Sunday morning. Aware that many little eyes may be watching me. I want to be a faithful example to them.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Up To The Minute News Broadcast

Shawn made it to Australia safe and sound. You may read his blog for more info and pictures. www.shawn-c.blogspot.com

Who would have ever thought that I could have known immediately that his plane had landed safely. All that was necessary was a check of Quantas' website and an insertion of the flight number and day expected and they gave me expected arrival and then when they had landed it changed to that status. AND GRANDMA THINKS THAT COMPUTERS ARE BAD!!!!!

We got one recording done yesterday. Actually, all these years at Second Baptist, I have been in a ladies trio. I love three-part harmony. Recently, we had lost a member and gained a member but one of our ladies works in retail and it is so hard to get together anymore until we just quit trying. Mike was going to play for a duet which included Andrea Garber and Leah Black. I was waiting on Mike while they practiced and just suggested that they needed a third part so they let me join them for the song and it was a lot of fun. Leah has a beautiful, high voice so she gives the song that uplifting sound. You may hear the results at www.2ndbaptistchurch.com/music There you will find several songs. Ours is 03 Ladies Trio. We are singing "Blessed Assurance".

To explain, these recordings are the rough copy. There is still work to be done with the adding of other instruments.
NEWS FLASH...Mr. Hollembeak removed the recordings from the website. He had not intended for anyone to listen to them until he was finished except for the purpose of the artist making changes. I sure wish I had understood that.

Today we record the Mixed Ensemble. We will be singing a medley of "Hallelujah! What A Savior"/"Nothing But The Blood"/"I Know A Fount"/"I Stand Amazed". I love singing with this group because it has people who are strong and confident so you can really put everything into it.

On next Tuesday, I will record my solo, "It Is Well With My Soul". Mike has a piano solo and will be accompanying the Children's Choir so we still have a bit more to go.

Music has always been such a wonderful part of our lives. I can't imagine having lived through my life without that comfort! I started singing as a young child when my father first began his ministry. My brother and I sang many duets. When I went to college I was in a ladies trio. After I married a man who could transpose, I was able to sing solos. All through our married life, I have sung in a trio. I love to just harmonize. I enjoy seeing God work through music. So many times I have sensed the Holy Spirit as He took a song and breathed life into it and ministered to different people. What a blessing to be able to see that happen.


Psalm 104:33 "I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home